Epoxy paint is based on Non-yellowing fatty acid modified Epoxy- Amino thermosetting high temperature baking systems. This system is useful in industrial applications for refrigerators, water filters, Kitchen applications, washing machines, drum linings & decorative finishes, Because of rapid curing at room temperature and excellent toughness and abrasion resistance, resistance to heat, oil, Alcohols Acid & salty weather. It is suitably modified with the combination of resins and additives to impart good flexibility, abrasion resistance, color retention & improved adhesion. Its key properties are:-
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Unaffected by vegetable Oil, Grease, Aliphatic Solvents.
- Excellent adhesion on mild steels & aluminum.
- Good resistant to water, alcohol, Ketonic solvents & chemicals (Direct Immersion is not advisable )
- Excellent weather resistance.
- Good Mechanical Strength & abrasion resistance.
- Excellent flexibility & Hardness.
- Increased Cross-linking at high temperature (140-150o C) of modified Epoxy -Amino systems gives better adhesion, toughness. & durability which reduces water permeability of paint film.
- System withstands up to 100-120o C.